Wednesday 13 June 2012

Wash & Go Trials On Afro Coily Kinky Hair 10: Garnier Fructis Survivor Gel & Castor/AVG/Curl activator mix

I applied this to my wet hair with a LI mix of a dab of curl activator, Aloe vera gel & castor oil. My definition was on point with application. I even saw some grouped coils on my crown region which almost never coils/clumps for anything!
But man! When it dried, I was not ready for the CRUNCH!! My hair was HARD! 
In the mornings I would spray a glycerin/oil/water mix to re-shape my hair and it always suprisingly moulded back into place easily. I easily got 5day hair with this and could have easily kept going. The only thing is that my hair just didn't feel nice to touch initially. It felt hard to touch and would not scrunch out easily with just any oil. (After a few days it naturally relented it's hold). After this trial I resigned this gel for use only with very heavy leave-in conditioners or as a finisher.







5 comments:

  1. Loving the colour of your hair...it looks nice and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. Would you believe it's only recently I noticed that my hair wasn't exactly black! I was upset for a while then I guess I just rolled with it. lol

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks great though! I've been bitter by the Wash N Go bug and I plan to do lots of experimenting this summer ☺

    Vee from the HodgePodgeFiles ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you will have lots of fun!! I love experimenting!

      Delete
  3. Love your hair...you are always so inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete