Wednesday 14 March 2012

Review:Hollywood Beauty Argan Oil Conditioner

Another offering in lieu of the argan oil hype is the Hollywood beauty argan oil conditioner.I got this from my local beauty supply store for 99p.
.
Availability: Online and on the ground
Price: £1.99-£3.99 for 8oz.
I think the price also prompted me to try this. After I got home and checked online, I noticed that there was such a  broad price range?! I recommend one check in their local beauty supply store for better deals.
Packaging:  It comes in a plastic squeezable bottle with the standard lotion type lid on the top. 8oz for a rinse-out conditioner is really not a lot for my thick coily hair. I literally got only two uses out of this bottle and I was done!
Ingredients: DI Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (BTMS), Centrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Olea Europea (Olive Oil), Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol, Diacaprylate/Diacaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, FD &C Yellow No 5, FD&C & C Red No.40
The ingredients didn't look that impressive, with argan oil number seventh on the list and propylene glycol twice? (side-eye).  At the store, the BTMS had me imagining my hair transforming into butter, As my hair just loves BTMS for it's smoothing properties.
Scent: The scent is sharp, sweet and killer. Quite artificial. I was not a fan of the scent and it seemed to linger too long for me. (which is usually the case with scents that one doesn't like!). I actually found it quite cloying. If you have tried the cholesterol conditioner from this brand think of how sweet the scent of that is then multiply that by five!
Texture: pearlescent colour. Not thick nor watery. Just of a medium consistency. The slip was decent but not jaw dropping.After rinsing out the conditioner, I must admit that my hair felt quite soft. Though I just couldn't get that smell out of my hair. For the quantity I would usually try this as a leave-in in order to stretch the amount, but due to the scent, I'm afraid that won't be the case with this one.
This did not leave me impressed, it was the scent that did it for me.Verdict = C-


No comments:

Post a Comment